Getting your Plutus Card declined should not happen often, but if it does, check the common reasons below.
Reasons for card declines
The main reasons for card declines are:
- Insufficient funds. You need enough balance in your Plutus Card to cover the payment in its totality.
- Blocked or frozen card. Your Plutus Card has been frozen or blocked for reasons like inputting the CVV or PIN codes incorrectly multiple times, and can't be used for payments until this is resolved. For more information on this, see this article here.
- Reaching spending limits. All Plutus Cards have a limit to how much you can spend with them, based on your subscription plan. Read more about limits here.
- Pay-at-pump fuel stations. You attempted to use your card at a pay-at-pump fuel station, which is not a service supported by the Plutus Card at the moment. You can still pay with your card by going to the cashier in person.
- Missing 3DS verification code. You are getting requested to confirm the payment, but you are waiting for an SMS or notification and it does not arrive. The Plutus App uses push notifications for this, make sure to check this guide if you are not getting them.
If you need help with a blocked Plutus Card or you still don't know the reason why your card has been declined, you can contact our Support team for an investigation.