Getting your Plutus Card declined should not happen often, but if it does, check the common reasons below.
Reasons for card declines
The main reasons for card declines are:
- Restricted activities. Specific activity types, including gambling/adult platforms, select financial institutions, and crypto services, are prohibited on the platform. Unfortunately, we are unable to disclose details about specific activities at this time.
- Insufficient funds. You need enough balance in your Plutus Card to cover the payment in its totality. In this case, make sure to have enough funds in your Plutus Account before attempting a transaction.
- Missing 3DS verification code. You are getting requested to confirm the payment, but you are waiting for an SMS or notification and it does not arrive. Make sure to have the correct phone number and enough signal to receive SMS on your mobile device.
- Blocked card. Your Plutus Card has been frozen or blocked for reasons like inputting the CVV or PIN codes incorrectly multiple times, and can't be used for payments until this is resolved. To help unblock a blocked card, please contact Support via this form.
- Reaching spending limits. All Plutus Cards have a limit to how much you can spend with them, based on your subscription plan. Read more about limits here.
If you need help with a blocked Plutus Card or you still don't know the reason why your card has been declined, you can contact our Support team for an investigation.