When it comes to money, you should do everything possible to ensure that your data is absolutely safe in a world of increasing internet fraud and digital crime. That is why all Plutus Accounts must set up an additional factor for authentication (2FA).
2FA means you need more than one piece of information to get you into the account. The first "factor" is your usual login and password for your Plutus Account, and the second one is a code retrieved from an external device such as a cell phone, or a program on your personal computer. If somebody does compromise your password, they will still not have the code, and therefore not be able to access your account.
How to Set Up 2FA (Web)
Firstly, if you haven’t already, download the app “Authy” on your mobile device.
Log in to your Plutus account on the web application using your regular username and password. Upon sign in, you will see this screen.
- Open the Authy app on your mobile device.
- Click on the More button (3 dots) at the top right of the app.
- Select Add Account.
- Find the option to Scan QR Code.
- Point the mobile camera at the QR code displayed on your Plutus account and scan it.
- Search for Plutus and add our logo so you remember it’s us.
- Add the nickname, Plutus.
- The Authy app will now show a 6-digit number under Plutus.
- Type this 6-digit number displayed on your mobile phone into the Authenticator Code section on your Plutus web application.
Complete! Your 2FA is now set up. Every time you log in to the web application, you will be shown the below screen. Just open the Authy app and type in the fresh 6-digit code that appears under Plutus.
Set-Up Flow (Mobile)
I already have 2FA set up but not Authy - What should I do?
If you are using an alternative 2FA application with Plutus, please disable this before beginning the steps. Plutus is currently only compatible with the 2FA application, Authy.
If you don’t currently have 2FA, you can skip to the section below.
If you do currently have 2FA, you can disable it as follows:
- Log in using your current 2FA credentials
- Go to User Settings
- Go to the Security tab
- Click Disable 2FA
- Log out
- Log in
You will then be presented with the screen below. Follow the instructions and you'll have made your Plutus Account more secure in no time.