If you're a new user and would like to read a more in depth overview of our services, you can check out our article here.
However, if you're a new user who is itching to get started with our services, then follow our guide below:
If you've already set up an account, then jump down to depositing funds, if not then you can find our guide to opening an account here.
You can add money to your Plutus Current Account* via bank transfer directly from another bank account that's in your name by using your Plutus account number and sort code for the UK or IBAN number for EU/EEA customers.
- Log in to your Plutus Dashboard here
- Click the blue '+' beneath 'Current Account'
- Send a bank transfer to the details shown
Depositing Funds - The Plutus Mobile App
- Log in to your Plutus Mobile Application
- Click the blue '+' beside 'Current Account'
- Send a bank transfer to the details shown
Note: You can only transfer funds from your own accounts.
You can read more about depositing funds and timeframes here
You can deposit crypto into your personal wallet, convert to GBP or EUR, and then spend anywhere with your Plutus VISA Debit Card.
Setting up your own crypto wallet - MetaMask
The PlutusDEX integrates with MetaMask, a crypto wallet that is built directly into your browser.
2. Head over to the tab which should have opened when you installed the extension and hit 'Get Started' - if a tab hasn't opened, hit the Metamask add-on in the top right of your browser and follow the instructions.
3. If you're a new Metamask user you can create a new wallet by clicking 'Create a Wallet'. If you have a wallet you'd like to import using a seed phrase simply hit 'Import Wallet'.
6. Now for an extremely important step. At this point, you'll be prompted to view and store your secret backup phrase. This phrase can be used to recover your wallet at any time and is used to restore your wallet on our mobile application. It is the only way to access your wallet should you forget your password. Never share this phrase with anyone. Ever. Write it down (do not store it on your device) and store it in a secure location.
7. Your wallet is now set up and you can begin swapping crypto on the PlutusDEX
Converting Crypto - The Web Dashboard
- Head over to the Trading tab of your Plutus Account to connect your Metamask wallet
- Hit 'Buy and Sell Crypto' to select the crypto asset and amount you would like to sell (ETH or PLU) in return for fiat.
- If your order is up to scratch on the following screen, hit 'Confirm Order'. The PlutusDEX will now match your order with a buyer, orders are usually matched within a few minutes
- When your order matches you'll receive both an email and a prompt on the PlutusDEX. Follow the link in your email or the prompt on the DEX to open up a Metamask screen. Review and confirm the transaction but ensure you do not adjust the gas fee as this may result in a failed transaction.
- Now, it's time to wait (not too long, though). You will receive your fiat when your transaction has been confirmed on the blockchain - the whole process can take anywhere from a few seconds to a minute.
Converting Crypto - The Plutus Mobile App
1. Head over to the 'Trading' tab of your Plutus Mobile Application and enter your 12 (or more) word seed phrase to attach your crypto wallet. This is the seed phrase you received in step 6 of creating a MetaMask wallet above.
2. Optional: Hit 'Save Wallet' and enter a secure password. This will encrypt the seed phrase and store it on your mobile device, you can then use this password to restore your wallet the next time you log in. Otherwise, hit 'Continue' and your wallet will be wiped when you log out.
3. On the ‘Trading’ tab, make sure you’re on the sell option. Select ETH or PLU from the drop-down menu and enter how much you want to sell in fiat or crypto. Review and confirm your order on the next screen.
4. Now your sell order is being matched, this typically takes less than a minute! Head back to your trading screen by hitting 'Go to Dashboard'. Soon, you should notice your order is displayed as ‘matched’, this means you’re ready to send the funds directly to the buyer
5. As soon as your order is matched, tap on it, check the details, and hit ‘Proceed’. The details of the transaction are automatically filled out, so you just need to confirm the order and sign the transaction. After this, the transaction will be tracked and the fiat funds will arrive into your Plutus Account ready to be spent with your Plutus Debit Card!
Our Premium and Pro users earn 3% in PLU on their Plutus Card transactions. With over 61 million online and in-store merchants that accept Visa® cards, an abundance of opportunities are present for our users to earn crypto back.
You can read more about PLU Rewards here
What can you do with your earned PLU?
Convert into Plutus Card balance
Pluton (PLU) carries its own fiat value determined by external markets. As a result, you can convert and spend your earnt PLU at over 61 million merchants.
Stake for additional cashback
Holding PLU will unlock Plutus Perks to give you additional cashback on top of the 3% PLU Rewards at some of your favourite retailers as well as allow you to upgrade your subscription without having to worry about a monthly fee.
Transfer without restrictions
As a decentralized token, PLU is not restrained to only the Plutus ecosystem. They can be transferred between friends or swapped for fiat on the PlutusDEX.
How can I start earning PLU?
All you need to do is upgrade to a Premium or Pro subscription. You can find our guide here.
Premium and Pro users have the opportunity to earn double-dip rewards with our Plutus Perks program. On top of the crypto back users earn for simply spending with their Plutus Debit Card, users who stake the required amount of PLU can unlock additional rewards when spending at our partner retailers.
You can read more on Plutus Perks here
*The Plutus Debit Card is an electronic money product, and although it is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and supervised by
the Bank of Lithuania, it is not covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme nor the Deposit Insurance System of the
Republic of Lithuania. We ensure that any funds received by you are held in a segregated account so that in the unlikely event that Contis
Financial Services Ltd or UBS “Finansinės paslaugos” becomes insolvent, your funds will be protected against claims made by creditors.