The Plutus Debit Card is a physical payment card offered to our customers that will make it possible to pay at over 40 million merchants both online and in-store right away, provided that they accept debit cards or contactless payments.
However, the scope of the Plutus Debit Card doesn't end there. When our Premium and Pro customers make purchases with their Plutus Debit Card they are rewarded with up to 3% of the value of their transactions in our native reward token Pluton (PLU). PLU can then be redeemed against a variety of rewards, as well as sold to other users via the PlutusDEX or transferred to anyone else.
Benefits of the Plutus Debit Card include:
- Up to 3% of the value of your card transactions back in PLU
- Contactless, online, and in-store transactions
- The decentralised nature of our systems means that, when topping up with crypto, it never enters the Plutus systems. It moves directly from seller to buyer, meaning it's as secure as possible.
How can I get a Plutus Debit Card?
Ordering a Plutus Debit Card is easy. As long as you're at least 18 years old and are based in one of these countries then you can sign up for our services and order your very own Plutus Debit Card right away. Check out the process here:
- Start here
- Click 'I don't have an account'
- Enter your email and your chosen password - don't forget to make it secure!
- Verify your email address by clicking on the link we sent you
- Enter your details on the Account Information page
- Read and agree to our T's & C's, Privacy, and Cookie Policies
- Enter your address details. This is the address your Plutus Debit Card will be sent to
- Select either passport, national ID card, or drivers licence as your form of ID verification
- Upload your chosen document ensuring it's readable and all four corners are visible. You can find a guide to passing KYC here
- Smile! Upload your selfie whilst making sure your face isn't covered and you're in good light avoiding any glares
- Read and agree to the declaration
- Wait a few moments whilst you pass our KYC checks. This can take up to 4 hours.
- Choose your subscription plan taking note of the cost of the card order
- Once you have chosen your selected plan, enter your card details and ZIP Code and then proceed to confirm payment
- Confirm your details and order your Plutus Debit Card, taking note of the estimated arrival times.
Now all you have to do is wait patiently for your Plutus Debit Card to arrive. When it does, log into your dashboard and activate it via the instructions on the screen.
If you'd like to access increased limits, lower fees, and earn up to 3% of the value of your card transactions back in PLU then you'll need to upgrade to a Premium or Pro plan. You can find our guide for that here.
Where is the card available?
The Plutus Debit Card can be ordered in the following countries:
- Czech Republic
- United Kingdom
What currencies does it support?
The Plutus Debit Card will be available in EUR and GBP.
How much does the Plutus Debit Card cost to order?
Ordering and receiving a card is dependent on the type of subscription you are on, more information is available here
Can I have more than one Plutus Debit Card?
For the time being, you can order only one Plutus Debit Card.
Can I use the Plutus Debit Card at ATMs?
Yes. There are fees associated with ATM withdrawals which can be found here
While travelling you may need to check that the machine uses chip & pin as its verification method. You can use Visa's ATM locator here
What are the fees and limits?
You can find a comprehensive list of all our limits and fees, on our fees page, here
Can I add my Plutus Debit Card to Google, Samsung or Apple Pay?
You are able to add your card to Samsung and Google Pay. We are looking into ways to add Apple Pay sometime in the future.
Can I track the delivery of my Plutus Debit Card?
Your Plutus Debit Card is sent out by First Class Royal Mail and is generally very reliable. We don't currently track deliveries.
If you've still not received your card 10 days later than expected, please drop us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org so we can investigate.