Sorry to hear you're having this issue - not to worry though, this article will help you get it resolved!
In order to prevent fraud and the theft of our user's funds, we have implemented multiple safeguards regarding contactless transactions.
- First, please ensure that the payment terminal you are conducting your transaction at supports contactless payments.
- If it's your first time using your Plutus Debit Card, you may need to make a chip and PIN transaction before contactless becomes functional.
- You can only make 4 contactless transactions before having to make a chip and PIN transaction. So every 5th transaction you will be forced to use chip and PIN. This safeguard assists in ensuring your funds are safe should your Plutus Debit Card ever be lost or stolen.
- Card activated
- Transaction 1 – Contactless
- Transaction 2 – Contactless
- Transaction 3 – Contactless
- Transaction 4 – Contactless
- Transaction 5 – Chip and Pin transaction (resets the counter)
- Transaction 6 – Contactless
- There is a limit of 50 EUR/GBP per single contactless transaction, and 90 EUR/GBP total limit per day.
Still not working? Then it may be a physical issue with your Plutus Debit Card. If you think that there is something wrong going on with your Card, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll make sure to investigate it with you!