In order to create a simpler, more fluid, and more user-friendly experience, we have integrated MetaMask - a browser-based cryptocurrency wallet - within the trading aspect of the Plutus Dashboard, the PlutusDEX.
What is MetaMask?
MetaMask is a browser extension available for Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and Brave browsers. Users can access their ETH and ERC-20 standard tokens directly via the browser extension.
MetaMask allows users to:
- Send and receive ETH and ERC-20 tokens (including PLU) via the browser extension
- Store ETH and ERC-20 tokens
- Secure their cryptocurrency wallet with a password
The aim of MetaMask is to make Ethereum as easy to use and more accessible for as many people as possible.
Getting started with MetaMask
Below we have written our own text and image-based MetaMask guide. However, if you'd prefer to learn via video - you can watch this video provided by the MetaMask team here
Step 1: Installing the MetaMask browser extension
Simply navigate to the add-ons section of your chosen browser (links are above) and add the extension to your chosen browser.
Step 2: Creating a MetaMask wallet
Awesome! You've added the Metamask extension to your browser and are one step closer to being able to utilise the full range of Plutus services. A few more clicks and you'll be buying and selling crypto in no time.
1. Head over to the tab which should have opened when you installed the extension and hit 'Get Started' - if a tab hasn't opened, hit the Metamask add-on in the top right of your browser and follow the instruction.
2. If you're a new Metamask user you can create a new wallet by clicking 'Create a Wallet'. If you have a wallet you'd like to import using a seed phrase simply hit 'Import Wallet'.
3. Now you'll be prompted to help improve Metamask by sending anonymised data, you can opt-out anytime. This decision is entirely up to you.
5. Now for an extremely important step. At this point, you'll be prompted to view and store your secret backup phrase. This phrase can be used to recover your wallet at any time. It is the only way to access your wallet should you forget your password. Never share this phrase with anyone. Ever. Write it down (do not store it on your device) and store it in a secure location.
Phew. With that warning over, now is the time to write down your secret phrase and store it securely. Now hit 'Next'.
6. Fin. Great job! Now you'll be able to manage your ETH and ERC-20 tokens directly from your browser. Now head on over to the PlutusDEX and start trading!
Step 3: Utilising the PlutusDEX
Want to start buying and selling ETH and PLU right away? Follow our guide to the PlutusDEX here
What is my wallet address?
To find your wallet address follow these steps:
1. Hit the Metamask add-on in the top right of your browser
2. Click the 3 horizontal dots to access a miniature menu
3. Navigate to 'Account Details'
Boom! Easy, right? You can see your wallet address underneath the QR code.
I don't see my PLU in my MM wallet
If you've purchased PLU via the PlutusDEX, or you've transferred PLU from another wallet to your Metmask wallet, you may be concerned that they aren't appearing in your Metamask add-on. Don't worry! Your funds are there, safe and sound. You just need to do a little tinkering in order to shine the light on your PLU tokens. Follow the steps below:
1, Hit the Metamask add-on in the top right of your browser
2. Click the 3 horizontal lines in the top left to access a miniature menu
3. At the bottom of the interface hit 'Add Token'
4. In the search bar enter 'PLU'
5. Click on PLU, scroll down to the bottom of the interface and hit 'Next'
6. Final step - go ahead and hit 'Add Tokens'
That was a piece of cake! Now you'll be able to view your PLU balance in your Metamask extension!