When you create your account you will be asked to submit some personal information, an image of your chosen ID document, and a selfie.
Why does Plutus need this information?
Due to UK banking regulation 'Know your Customer' (KYC), we are legally required to collect and check your identity and the documents you provide us. This protects all our customers from identity theft, financial crime, corruption and fraud.
Which documents can I use to submit my application?
You can submit any of the following documents:
- National Identity Card (front and back)
- Drivers Licence (front and back)
How to Complete KYC
Follow these steps to open your account and complete the onboarding process:
- Start by going to our login page
- Click 'I don't have an account' - If you already have an account and just need to complete KYC, skip to step 7
- Enter your email and your chosen password - don't forget to make it secure!
- Verify your email address by clicking on the link we sent you
- Enter your details
- Read and agree to our T's & C's, Privacy, and Cookie Policies
- Enter your residential address details. This is the address your Plutus Debit Card will be sent to
- Select either passport, national ID card, or drivers licence as your form of ID verification
- Upload your chosen document ensuring it's readable and all four corners are visible
- Smile! Upload your selfie whilst making sure your face isn't covered and you're in good light
- Read and agree to the declaration
- Wait a few moments whilst you pass our KYC checks. This can take up to 4 hours.
- Confirm your details and order your Plutus Debit Card
Tips to pass our identity checks
Passing KYC is easy when you register for our services and you'll be prompted for an image of one of the identity documents listed above as well as a selfie. Follow these tips and you'll be using the full range of our services in no time:
- Selfie: Ensure you're not wearing any accessories (glasses, headbands etc)
- Selfie: Provide a clear, in focus, well-lit image of yourself with your entire face clearly visible
- ID: Ensure all four corners of your provided document are visible
- ID: Try to keep image glare to a minimum
Can I open a Plutus Account without passing identity checks?
No. In order to protect our customers and our company from fraud and other malicious activities, and to ensure complete regulatory compliance, all Plutus Account holders must have passed our identity checks.
On the flip side - when you do pass our identity checks you will have access to all of our Plutus services, including:
- Access and management of your fiat
- Access and management of your crypto from the same interface
- Freely and securely exchange between the two asset types
- Spend anywhere via your Plutus Debit Card
- Earn blockchain-based rewards tokens (PLU) in the process
I've followed all your advice and my application still got declined. What do I do?
If you're having problems passing our onboarding process and have followed all the tips on our guide, please don't hesitate to get in touch with support at firstname.lastname@example.org