Decentralized stacking and improvements to the Plutus Perks feature to allow you to obtain the benefits of Plutus Perks by holding PLU in your personal wallets.
We have 4 reward levels, based on the total amount of PLU stacked:
- Hero: 250 PLU
- Veteran: 500 PLU
- Legend: 1.000 PLU
- G.O.A.T: 2.000 PLU
You can check the benefits of the different reward levels in this link.
Note that these Reward Levels will be changed as of the 1st of June 2023, you can read more about the Difficulty Adjustment update here.
Calculating your PLU stack
Your PLU stacking is calculated as the sum of your internal PLU rewards plus the PLU balance of any connected wallets. Specifically:
- Internal stack: Your PLU Rewards in status "Available"
- External stack: The sum of PLU in all your connected wallets
- Total stack: Internal + External stack
Stacking is as follows:
- Internal stack: User's available PLU Rewards
- External stack: Combined PLU amount from the 2 connected wallets
- Total stack: The user will receive stacking benefits based on this value
Note: While the Trading tab shows your active wallet from MetaMask, the stacking requires an additional step to connect a wallet, check below for more details.
Connecting a personal (online/hardware) wallet to stack PLU
Step by step
The step-by-step guide is as follows:
- You need to have MetaMask installed and connected. Check this guide if this is your first time connecting your MetaMask account to Plutus.
- Go to the Perks tab on your Plutus dashboard and scroll down until you find your stacking balance.
- Click "Connect wallet" and follow the next prompts.
- Click "Sign" in the MetaMask pop-up to confirm the connection.
That's it! Your external stacking calculation will be updated within the next 24h without further steps.
Connecting a physical wallet (Ledger/Trezor)
Some users are having difficulties connecting a Ledger/Trezor for stacking. Assuming the Ledger is properly connected to MetaMask (check this guide from Ledger if you are unsure), the typical symptom reported is to be able to see the Ledger stacking in the Trading tab, but not be able to sign the stacking in the Perks tab when following the steps.
This issue is typically associated with specific browsers and extensions, like Brave's browser crypto wallet extension. The issue may be in your particular browser. The known workaround is:
- Use Chrome/Firefox without any extensions installed.
- Make sure your browser, MetaMask, and Ledgers are updated to their latest versions.
- Follow the connection steps as normal in Chrome/Firefox.
- Once the signing is done, the stack should update instantaneously.
- You can now go back to using any other browser or extensions, the stack will keep tracking.
If you find these steps not working for you, reach out to our Support team and we will be glad to help.
Notes on stacking
The concept of signing and taking the balance of a wallet may not be familiar to some users, so check the following pointers below for useful information and clarifications:
- Your external stacking is never locked, you are free to move it to any other wallet or service at any time. Moving your PLU out of a tracked wallet will reflect in your stack accordingly.
- The "sign" action enables Plutus to track the PLU balance of a wallet. It is completely free and no fees or costs are associated with it. The signing step will expire after 5 minutes. You can just restart the process if it happens.
- Some browser features may interfere with the signing processes. Chrome and Firefox have been extensively tested and reported as fully compatible.
- The Brave browser crypto wallet extension is known for causing issues with the signing step when using a Ledger. A known workaround is doing the signing step in Chrome/Firefox.
- It is not possible to "disconnect" a wallet from the tracking of the stacking from the Plutus website or app at the moment.
How long does it take for a stacking change to be reflected in my stack balance?
It refreshes once per day in the morning, so up to 24h depending on what time you add or remove to your stack!
My stacking calculation is wrong. What is the problem?
Open a request with our Support team and we will be happy to check it out! Note that the internal stacking used to be the Pending rewards, and it has been updated to be Available rewards, as we move towards faster approval times.
How is my internal stacking calculated?
Your PLU Rewards need to be in "available" status to be considered for the stacking. Bonuses are typically available instantaneously. Transactions over 500 GBP/EUR need the Support team to manually approve them to become "available".
How can I disconnect a wallet from the stacking?
It is not possible at the moment. Keep in mind the stacking is not locked, so you can transfer your PLU at any time from your wallet to another wallet or service, with the only impact being that your stacking in Plutus will decrease accordingly. The stack in your wallets always remains under your full control.
Article is closed for comments.