Decentralized staking and improvements to the Plutus Perks feature allows you to obtain the benefits of Plutus Perks by holding PLU in your personal wallets.
We have 4 staking levels, based on the total amount of PLU staked:
- Hero: 250 PLU
- Veteran: 500 PLU
- Legend: 1.000 PLU
- G.O.A.T: 2.000 PLU
You can check the benefits of the different staking levels in this link.
Calculating your PLU stake
Your PLU staking is calculated as the sum of your internal PLU rewards plus the PLU balance of any connected wallets. Specifically:
- Internal stake: Your PLU Rewards in status "Available"
- External stake: The sum of PLU in all your connected wallets
- Total stake: Internal + External stake
Let's check a practical example:
For the user above, the staking is as follows:
- Internal stake: 214.08 PLU - User's available PLU Rewards
- External stake: 429.12 PLU - Combined PLU amount from the 2 connected wallets
- Total stake: 643.20 PLU - The user will receive staking benefits based on this value
Note: While the Trading tab shows your active wallet from MetaMask, the staking requires an additional step to connect a wallet, check below for more details.
Connecting a external wallet for staking
Step by step
We prepared a guide video for clarity:
The step by step guide is as follows:
- You need to have MetaMask installed and connected. Check this guide if this is your first time to connect your MetaMask account to Plutus.
- Go to the Perks tab on your Plutus dashboard and scroll down until you find your staking balance.
- Click "Connect wallet" and follow the next prompts.
- Click "Sign" in the MetaMask pop up to confirm the connection.
That's it! Your external staking calculation will be updated within the next 24h without further steps.
Connecting a physical wallet (Ledger/Trezor)
Some users are having difficulties to connect a Ledger/Trezor for staking. Assuming the Ledger is properly connected to MetaMask (check this guide from Ledger if you are unsure), the typical symptom reported is to be able to see the Ledger staking in the Trading tab, but not be able to sign the staking in the Perks tab when following the steps.
This issue is typically associated with specific browser and extensions, like the Brave's browser crypto wallet extension. The issue may be in your particular browser. The known workaround is:
- Use Chrome/Firefox without any extensions installed.
- Make sure your browser, MetaMask and Ledgers are updated to their latest versions.
- Follow the connection steps as normal in Chrome/Firefox.
- Once the signing is done, the stake should update instantaneously.
- You can now go back to use any other browser or extensions, the stake will keep tracking.
If you find these steps not working for you, reach out to our Support team and we will be glad to help.
Notes on staking
The concept of signing and taking the balance of a wallet may not be familiar for some users, so check the following pointers below for useful information and clarifications:
- Your external staking is never locked, you are free to move it to any other wallet or services at any time. Moving your PLU out of a tracked wallet will reflect in your stake accordingly.
- The "sign" action enables Plutus to track the PLU balance of a wallet. It is completely free and no fees or costs are associated to it. The sign step will expire after 5 minutes. You can just restart the process if it happens.
- Some browser features may interfere with the signing processes. Chrome and Firefox have been extensively tested and reported as fully compatible.
- The Brave browser crypto wallet extension is known for causing issues with the signing step when using a Ledger. A known workaround is doing the sign step in Chrome/Firefox.
- It is not possible to "disconnect" a wallet from the tracking of the staking from the Plutus website or app at the moment.
How long does it take for a staking change to be reflected in my stake balance?
It refreshes once per day in the morning, so up to 24h depending at what time you add or remove to your stake!
My staking calculation is wrong. What is the problem?
Open a request with our Support team and we will be happy to check it out! Note that the internal staking used to be the Pending rewards, and it has been updated to be Available rewards, as we move towards faster approval times.
How is my internal staking calculated?
Your PLU Rewards need to be in "available" status to be considered towards the staking. Bonuses are typically available instantaneously. Transactions over 500 GBP/EUR need the Support team to manually approve them to become "available".
How can I disconnect a wallet from the staking?
It is not possible at the moment. Keep in mind the staking is not locked, so you can transfer your PLU at any time from your wallet to another wallet or service, with the only impact being that your staking in Plutus will decrease accordingly. The stake in your wallets always remain under your full control.