Plutus Perks is one of the core money-saving features of Plutus, and allows our users to earn additional PLU Rewards on specific brands, choosing them among a list of top-level brands available.
Plutus Perks overview
Obtaining Plutus Perks
All Plutus users are entitled to at least 1 perk, and the number can be increased up to 8 perks total based on your account subscription plan and staking level.
The amount of perks you can select is the highest number between your account's subscription plan perks and your staking benefit perks. Some examples for better understanding:
- Michael has the Starter Plan (1 perk) and 250 PLU staked (4 perks). Michael can select 4 perks in total.
- Jone has the Everyday plan (2 perks) and no staking (no perks). Jone can select 2 perks in total.
- Nikita has the Premium plan (3 perks) and 2.000 PLU staked (8 perks). Nikita can select 8 perks in total.
As in the examples above, the staking benefits replace the subscription plan benefits regarding perks, and the maximum number of perks that can be achieved is 8 from the G.O.A.T staking level.
Note: Perks earned through staking plan increases require you to hold the staking for 30 days before they are effective. You can still select them in the App immediately but will not trigger until after 30 days.
Using your Plutus Perks
If you are a new user, you will be required to select your perks before being able to move forward and use your App. Once you confirm them, they will be locked in place and you will join the regular user perk cycle.
If you are a regular user, the flow will look like this:
Under the perks section, you will see two tabs, Current Month and Next Month.
The Current Month will be selected within the previous month and it is always locked in.
Here is where you can select your Perks for "Next Month".
Once you have selected the perk, you will see it highlighted and it will show the priority as well.
- Current Months Perks: Are always locked and cannot be altered.
- Next Months Perks: Can be changed at any time throughout the month.
- "Next Month" Perks will lock on the last day of the month and on the 1st of each month they will transition from "Next Month" to "Current Month".
- If you have not selected anything in your "Next month" section, it will automatically lock in the "Current month" again and the perks selected there.
Once a Perk is selected, if you make a transaction eligible to trigger them, your equivalent PLU Reward will be granted within the next hour and the perk will be "consumed". Further transactions on the same brand will provide you with the regular cashback of your account.
Re-arrange your perks into priority order by using the drag functionality. If you downgrade your account or staking level and this results in fewer perks available for your use, the ones at the bottom of your list will be the ones automatically removed.
List of available Perks and benefits
The following brands are available to choose from:
There is a total amount of 20 available perks at the moment, with new perks coming in the future (reflected as the "Bonus Perks" square).
The specific benefits of the available perks can be summarized in 2 different types:
- Subscriptions: Up to £/€10 per month as PLU Rewards cashback on your subscription. If the lowest subscription tier is over this amount, we will still cover the 100% of it (e.g. Apple One).
- Stores credit: Up to £/€10 per month as PLU Rewards cashback of your store/online spending.
Note: Any spending over the perk amount will grant you the regular cashback of your account. For example, spending £/€50 in Aldi would give you the perk for the first £/€10 and regular cashback for the remaining £/€40.
|Netflix||Up to £/€11||Applies to 1 plan purchase per month|
|Spotify||Up to £/€10||Applies to 1 plan purchase per month|
|Apple One||Up to £/€14.95||Minimum plan (individual) is over the usual £/€10. Applies to 1 plan purchase per month|
|Disney+||Up to £/€10||Applies to 1 plan purchase per month|
|Amazon Prime||Up to £/€10||Applies to 1 plan purchase per month|
|Deliveroo Plus||Up to £/€10||
Applies to 1 plan purchase per month
|Curve||Up to £/€10||
Applies to 1 plan purchase per month
Store credit based perks
|Apple||Up to £/€10||From the total monthly spending|
|ASOS||Up to £/€10||From the total monthly spending|
|eBay||Up to £/€10||From the total monthly spending|
|Uber Eats||Up to £/€10||From the total monthly spending|
|Just Eat||Up to £/€10||From the total monthly spending|
|Starbucks||Up to £/€10||From the total monthly spending|
|Uber||Up to £/€10||From the total monthly spending|
|Shell||Up to £/€10||From the total monthly spending|
|Booking.com||Up to £/€10||From the total monthly spending|
|Airbnb||Up to £/€10||From the total monthly spending|
|Aldi||Up to £/€10||From the total monthly spending|
|Sainsbury’s||Up to £/€10||From the total monthly spending|
|Lidl||Up to £/€10||From the total monthly spending|
|Tesco||Up to £/€10||From the total monthly spending|
Conditions that apply to use your Perks
Perk use must meet the following conditions to provide the benefits:
- Your Plutus Card must be used as underlying payment method.
- You can use Paypal or Curve with your Plutus card integrated into it and you will still receive the perk.
- For all subscription-based perks, this means updating your payment method externally (e.g. updating your payment method within the Spotify App).
- You need to have the perk selected for it to work.
- If you select a perk after a transaction has happened (not before), it will not reward it retroactively even if it's within the same calendar month, as the activation condition is the transaction happening while the perk is active.
- The merchant's name has to appear in the transaction description.
- If you pay through other services that don't include the merchant's name in the description (and replace it with their own), we can't recognize and reward this transaction with the perk bonus.
List of valid alternative brand names
Some brands have a different official name in specific countries. In order to make perks work with them, we need to manually add them as valid brand names that would trigger the perk. This is the current list of valid variants added:
- Just Eat
- Dilu Red
- Coral Energy
If you think there is any variant that should be supported and we have missed, please let our Support team, and we will review it and add it.
What happens with the remaining amount over a perk? Does it get cashback?
You will get your regular cashback for the amount exceeding the perk. For example, if your cashback rate is 4% and you have the Aldi perk, and spend £/€50 in groceries, you will get:
- Aldi perk = £/€10 in PLU
- Cashback = 4% of the remaining £/€40 in PLU.
Note: There was an issue on launch of the new perks that prevented the remaining cashback from being granted. While the issue is fixed now, a retroactive fill will be done in the incoming weeks for any transaction not rewarded until the fix.
It seems a specific service is not accepting my Plutus card as payment method as the card was issued in a different country. What can be done about it?
Our card is issued from England (UK) or Lithuania (EEA). Not accepting foreign cards is a self-imposed restriction of some merchants and there is nothing we can do in the short term to change this. A known workaround is using your Plutus Card through Paypal our Curve, as this will reflect your Paypal/Curve country as a source of the payment.
Is Curve or Paypal compatible with using Plutus Perks? Will they be rewarded normally?
Yes, both Curve and Paypal are fully compatible with our Plutus perks, including using your Plutus Card into Curve into Paypal. If you find an edge case where it didn't, let our Support team know and we will update it.
Some stores have different names in my country. Will the respective perk account for that?
Yes! For the most known ones (like Aldi being named Hofer) we adjusted the perks to account for that. If you think we missed any, let our Support team know and we will update it.
What happens if I purchase multiple subscriptions of the same brand? How does the perk apply?
Only the first purchased plan will be covered, the remaining ones will receive your regular cashback rate.
I perk didn't trigger for me, what should I do?
You can let our Support team know and we will manually grant it.
Why are the Apple One and Netflix subscription covered for a higher amount compared to the others?
The minimum plan available is over 10 GBP/EUR, we still want to provide this perk in a meaningful way. With the other subscriptions, the perk covers one or several of the available plans but for Apple One and Netflix, it wouldn't be enough to fully cover a plan.
What is the PLU value used to calculate the perk reward?
The PLU value used is the one of the transaction creation date.