The Plutus Perks is one of the core money-saving features of Plutus and allows our users to earn additional PLU Rewards on specific brands.
Plutus Perks overview
The Plutus Perks are big bundles of PLU Rewards that are earned when doing transactions with specific merchants. You can unlock more perks by increasing your subscription plan and/or reward level, and they renew once per calendar month.
Obtaining Plutus Perks
All Plutus users are entitled to at least 1 perk, and the number can be increased up to 8 perks total based on your account subscription plan and reward level.
The amount of perks you can select is the highest number between your account's subscription plan perks and your stacking benefit perks. Some examples for better understanding:
- Michael has the Starter Plan (1 perk) and Hero level PLU stacked (4 perks). Michael can select 4 perks in total.
- Jone has the Everyday plan (2 perks) and no stacking (no perks). Jone can select 2 perks in total.
- Nikita has the Premium plan (3 perks) and GOAT level PLU stacked (8 perks). Nikita can select 8 perks in total.
As in the examples above, the stacking benefits replace the subscription plan benefits regarding perks, and the maximum number of perks that can be achieved is 8 from the GOAT reward level.
Note: Perks acquired through upgrading the reward level can be immediately selected, but no rewards will be provided for the initial 30 days of unlocking them.
Using your Plutus Perks
If you are a new user, you will be required to select your first perk as part of the tutorial journey. Once you confirm it, it will be locked in place and you will join the regular user perk cycle.
After this, you can see 2 tabs under the Perks section:
- Current Month: Your valid perks for the present calendar month. They are locked in place and can't be updated once locked in.
- Next Month: The Perks you want to select for the next calendar month. They will become your "Current Month" perk on the 1st of each month. If you don't select any, the Current Month perks will be used instead by default.
Inside the Next Month tab, you can click Edit your perks to select what perks you would like to have for the next month.
The order in which you pick them is only relevant if you reduce your number of perks (downgrading subscription plan and/or reward level), in which case the last ones in the list will be the ones removed from the current month.
Perk consumption status
Perks have an indicator of how much you have consumed of it in the current month, to make sure that you don't miss out on taking advantage of them! Remember that Perks reset every 1st of the month, and any Perk amount not used after the reset can't be used retroactively.
Note: This feature is only available on the web page. It will be available within the app in a future update.
List of available Perks
There is a total amount of 40 available perks at the moment, with new perks coming in the future!
Perks provide up to £/€10 per month as PLU Rewards for your store/online spending, and they will trigger as many times as needed until the value is fully consumed.
Note: Any spending over the perk amount will grant you the regular reward of your account. For example, spending £/€50 in Aldi would give you the perk for the first £/€10 and your regular Reward % for the remaining £/€40.
List of Perks
- Albert Heijn
- Amazon Prime
- Apple Credit
- Apple One
- Burger King
- Deliveroo Plus
- Disney +
- Just Eat
- Pingo Doce
- PlayStation Store
- X Premium
- Uber Eats
- Xbox Games Store
For a transaction to trigger a perk, the following conditions must be met:
- Your Plutus Card must be used to do the payment.
- Services like Curve or Paypal still trigger the perk when using the Plutus Card as the underlying payment method.
- The perk does not replace the payment, it's just an increased PLU Reward after the payment is completed as normal.
- The relevant perk needs to be selected and active.
- If you select a perk after a transaction has happened (not before), it will not reward it retroactively even if it's within the same calendar month, as the activation condition is the transaction happening while the perk is active.
- Perks acquired through upgrading the reward level can be immediately selected, but no rewards will be provided for the initial 30 days of unlocking them.
- Only perks are selected for the current month count, not the ones selected for the next month.
- The merchant's name has to appear in the transaction description.
- If you pay through other services that don't include the merchant's name in the description (and replace it with their own), we can't recognize and reward this transaction with the perk.
List of valid alternative brand names
Some brands have different official names or provide services under license with another brand in specific countries. In order to make perks work with them, we need to manually add them as valid brand names that would trigger the perk, but this will only be done when the alternative name shares the same branding, it's not enough to just have the same parent company or have a history together. This is the current list of valid variants added:
- Just Eat - Different names but has the same branding
- Shell - Licensing products to other brands (Shell logo in the receipts)
- Dilu Red
- Coral Energy
- Aldi - Different names but has the same branding
- McDonald's - Different names but has the same branding
- Premier Restaurants Romania
- Alpe Panon
- Edeka - Different names but has the same branding
If you think there is any variant that should be supported and we have missed, please let our Support team, and we will review it and add it if it meets the requirements.
Can I consume the perk by adding funds to the balance of my Amazon/Apple/Steam/Xbox/etc account?
It depends on how their systems classify those transactions, which is outside of our control and may vary between regions and users. If they are identified as account top-ups, our system will block them automatically and won't get any rewards. If they are identified as "purchases", our system should reward them normally.
Our testing has verified that adding funds to these services is automatically rewarded and since those funds are non-transferrable (can't be withdrawn or used for purchasing anything else than that merchant's products), they are safe to use.
What happens with the remaining amount over a perk? Does it get PLU Rewards?
You will get your regular reward for the amount exceeding the perk. For example, if your reward rate is 4%, you have the Aldi perk and spend £/€50 in groceries, you will get:
- Aldi perk = £/€10 in PLU
- Crypto Reward = 4% of the remaining £/€40 in PLU.
In short, yes you will get the PLU Rewards for the difference.
My Plutus Card is rejected in services like Spotify or Disney+ since it's issued in another country. Anything I can do to get the perk?
Our card is issued from England (UK) or Lithuania (EEA). Not accepting foreign cards is a self-imposed restriction of some merchants and there is nothing we can do in the short term to change this. A known workaround is using your Plutus Card through Paypal or Curve, as this will reflect your Paypal/Curve country as a source of the payment.
Is Curve or Paypal compatible with using Plutus Perks? Will they be rewarded normally?
Yes, both Curve and Paypal are fully compatible with our Plutus perks, including using your Plutus Card with either Curve or Paypal as well as Curve with Paypal just as long as the Plutus Card is the underlying payment. If you find an edge case where it didn't, let our Support team know and we will update it if possible.
What happens if I purchase multiple subscriptions of the same brand? How does the perk apply?
The perk will trigger multiple times as long as the total combined value doesn't surpass the 10 EUR/GBP cap. For example, you can pay for a subscription of 6 EUR twice, and you will get the full 6 EUR from the first one, and then 4 EUR out of 6 EUR from the second one. The remaining 2 EUR will have your normal reward rate.
A perk didn't trigger for me, what should I do?
You can let our Support team know and we will manually grant it if eligible.
How is the PLU value calculated for my perks and rewards?
The transaction creation date determines the PLU value for Rewards and Perks.