Active users are able to refer new users and both will earn 10 USD in PLU Rewards when the new account is created and the card activated.
What is the referral system
Every Plutus user has a personal referral link that can be used by new users to create an account. The only difference between using this referral link and using the regular one from the website/app is that a completed referral will grant both the existing and new user 10 USD worth of PLU Rewards.
The step by step is as follows:
- Existing user provides their referral link to a potential new user.
- Find it in the Settings > Referral from your account, website only at the moment.
- Can't obtain it if you never activated your card or made an account deposit first.
- New user creates a Plutus account using the referral link.
- Email and password is created, KYC is passed.
- If you started the account creation without a referral link, and then use the referral link to login and continue the referral process, the referral will be not valid.
- A deposit of 20 EUR/GBP or more is made.
- A deposit that is declined do not count for the referral bonus.
- The deposit needs to be made within 45 days of the account creation for the referral to not to expire.
- The referral reward will be given to both parties once the deposit is confirmed, and it will be sent the day after the deposit, in the morning.
- Both referrer and referred will get the same bonus, 10 USD in PLU Rewards, with PLU value on the date of the bonus.
- New user orders and activates their Plutus Card.
- Estimated card delivery time is 1-3 weeks, based on user location.
- The activation instructions are included in the card delivery letter.
This is how the referral reward looks in your Pluton > Transactions > Bonus tab:
While the description says "Complimentary gift", in this case, it belongs to the referral bonus. The "Pending" status refers to condition for PLU Rewards of staying in Pending for 45 days until they become "Available" for use.
Getting your own referral link
You can find your referral link in your account profile in the Plutus website, go to Settings > Referrals and you will see it there. Each link is unique for each account, so your link is going to be different than the one of any other user.
Your link will also be available only if you have made an account deposit and you have an active card. it is not available in the phone app at the moment but it will be added in the next updates.
The path to follow to find your referral link is the following:
You will also see in the same page how much you earned in referrals and how many people completed the referral process with your link.
Using a referral link
New users will be prompted to create an account, starting by the email and password. Then, they will be redirected to download the phone app and continue the account creation process from there.
Once the account has been created, a deposit made and a card received and activated, the referral bonus will be added to both users.
My friend just created an account but forgot to use my referral link. Can we still get the bonus?
We honestly don't have a way to verify this, so we can't manually provide referral bonuses on request.
Can I post my referral link publicly or in social media?
Me and my friend used the referral system but we didn't get our bonus. What can be done?
Contact our Support team and we will verify the issue and provide a manual bonus if needed. This will only be done if we can see from our side that the referral has been used but the bonus reward has failed to be granted.
I signed up in the past with a promo code, so I never made a deposit and I top up my card selling crypto. Can I still get my own referral link?
An account deposit is needed in all cases and it is not possible to get the referral link without doing a deposit at least once in the lifetime of the account. Note that the full amount of the deposit is available for use immediately and not locked in any sense.