Recently signed up to Plutus but experiencing an issue?
Here are the five frequently asked questions and additional information on how you, or we, can resolve them.
If you do not find the answer to your question, then you can open a support ticket here: https://support.plutus.it/hc/en-us/requests/new
Note: Due to an overwhelming influx in card orders, our response times have increased from 24hrs to up to 7 days. Rest assured, the team is working as fast as possible (including overtime and expanding our departments) to resolve any problems.
- Failed KYC -> submit a request to our Support team for manual verification.
- Deposit transfer taking too long / declined -> Write your name as recipient.
- After email verification, the app glitches -> Known issue, our Devs are working on an update to fix it. Workaround is to use an Android device for this step.
- Address/Town/ZIP Code giving an error about a special character or string length-> Known issue, our Devs are working on an update to fix it. No workarounds known.
- 50 USD signup promotion -> All accounts created within the promo time are eligible regardless of if the referral link has been used. Reward will be given at the end of May. There is no way to check currently if your account is eligible.
- Until when do we have the free month? -> It was for April, we extended it until next Monday. No one will be charged for a pay plan automatically. We are updating the app to remove the text as users reported it as misleading.
- Where can I ask questions!
- Plutus Support Twitter: https://twitter.com/AskPlutus
- Service status post and known issues will be posted here as primary source.
- Plutus Discord: https://discord.gg/Ps2pzM45m5
- You can find us in the #general-support channel.
- Telegram: https://web.telegram.org/z/#-1101237042
- You can find us by asking for a support member.
- Reddit: https://reddit.com/r/plutus/
- We will be posting and replying from the AskPlutus account.
- Plutus Support Twitter: https://twitter.com/AskPlutus
1. First Time Deposit Has Not Arrived
To order your Plutus Card, you must make a first-time deposit of >£20.
If you attempted to deposit money to your Plutus Account and it wasn’t received, then this is likely due to an error when entering the Payee field.
When transferring money from your Bank Account, you must enter your personal name, in full, for the Payee field in order for it to arrive.
Don’t worry, if you entered it incorrectly the first time. Your funds will bounce back to your Bank Account. We recommend that you try again using the correct details.
2. KYC Declined
This may be due to several reasons.
First Names refers to everything other than your surname, meaning it includes your middle name(s). If during onboarding, you did not enter your middle name, then this will have triggered a failed KYC check.
We are making the onboarding journey clearer by adding a Middle Name field and an on-screen warning message to prevent recurrence.
If this is the case, you will be approved in due course, please bear with us.
Alternatively, your account may have been flagged for manual review. This could be for a number of reasons including use of a VPN, jailbroken phones, a mismatch in time-zones, and more.
If your KYC has incorrectly failed, then you will need to contact Support and we will manually approve you. Please open a support ticket here.
3. Experiencing An Issue With Perks
Your issue may fall into one of the following four categories:
1) Unable to Change Perks
Perks are locked from the 1st of a month, and become unlocked on the 27th of each month. This is to ensure there are no loopholes that can be exploited.
2) Perks Unlocked Via Staking Are Inactive
Perks unlocked from Subscription Plans are active immediately and you will earn PLU rebates at these Perks.
Additional Perks unlocked via Staking are not effective until 30 days after staking (but can be selected and locked in advance). This is, again, to prevent loopholes that may be exploited.
3) Perk Not Rewarded
Please check this article for potential reasons this may be and how to proceed: https://support.plutus.it/hc/en-us/articles/4716233136029-How-Plutus-Perks-work
4) Cashback on Top of Perk Reward Missing
If, for example, you have Tesco selected as a Perk and made £10 worth of transactions there, you would receive a £10 PLU Rebate. You should also receive 3-8% in PLU Cashback on all further payments at Tesco, however, this is not currently implemented. The team is aware of the issue and will be resolving it in the near future.
4. How Do Perks Work?
How Many Perks Do I Get?
- Select up to 3 Perks depending on your Fiat Subscription Plan
- Boost this up to 8 Perks by Staking PLU
How to Select My Perks
-> Simply head over to the Rewards tab within the mobile app
-> Click on Perks
-> Click on the All Perks button.
-> Select the Perks of your choice.
All done! Simply spend with your Plutus Card at your chosen Perk(s) and the rewards will appear within
How Much Will I Be Rewarded?
- Enjoy up to 100% rebates in PLU on Subscription-based Perks (e.g. Netflix)
- Enjoy up to £/€10 rebates in PLU on all in-store and online Perks (e.g. Aldi)
Conditions Apply: please read our Helpdesk for full details.
5. My Card Payment Was Declined?
If you made a transaction with your Plutus Card and it was declined, it is likely down to one of the following reasons:
- User Error: This includes entering the wrong PIN code; not having sufficient funds on your Plutus Card; and forgetting to transfer funds across from your Plutus Account to your Plutus Card.
- Card Limits: You may have reached your Card Limit. A full breakdown of our limits can be found here.
- If you want to know how much of your limits you have used up, simply open a ticket here and we’ll let you know.
- In the future, we will be adding details of your Limit to the Plutus App so that you can track this personally.
- Back-end Limit Not Updated: There is a chance that you upgraded your plan but your new, higher Card Limit has not been reflected yet. This is a small bug that the development team is aware of and will be fixing within the next three weeks.
6. How Do I Upgrade my Staking Level?
Any PLU earned from shopping with the Plutus Card is visible in your Rewards balance (only visible after 45 days on mobile). This PLU automatically contributes to your staked balance.
If you want to reach your Staking goals faster, then you can acquire PLU externally and hold this in your personal Crypto Wallet. Simply connect your wallet (e.g. MetaMask) with PLU in it and it will immediately become staked.
The process takes just 30 seconds. Staking PLU unlocks higher Crypto Cashback rates and more Perks. Check our guide here.
7. Are There Any Hidden Fees?
There are three fees that are causing friction and, having listened to your community feedback, we are changing them!
Unfortunately, due to strict financial regulations, we are unable to change these overnight. These are currently subject to approval by various providers and we expect them to be updated within 3 months.
- Card Decline Fees
- Withdrawal Fees
- FX Charges
In the meantime, we recommend the following:
- If you experienced a Card Decline fee, simply submit a support request here and we will re-reimburse you in the form of PLU.
- If you are experiencing FX fees, we suggest that you use your Plutus Card via the Curve app. You will experience zero FX fees via this method, and it also means you can connect your Plutus Card to Apple Pay!
8. Signup Referral Payout?
Between 1st May, 21:00 BST and 2nd May, 21:00 BST, we held a promotional offer giving new sign ups $50 in PLU.
If you participated in the promotional offer and signed up between these time frames (regardless of whether you used the correct referral link), then you will be eligible for the PLU Rewards.
The PLU will be added to the Rewards balance section of your Plutus Account before 31st May.
Note: You must activate your Plutus Card in order to receive the payout.
9. What Are the Tokenomics of Pluton?
You can find a complete breakdown of the total supply, circulting supply, rewards pool, development fund, and more here: