We define as ongoing known issues to those issues that meet the following criteria:
- Are currently ongoing.
- Impact a significant amount of users
- The root cause is in our systems/code.
The list below is not an exhaustive list of all the issues we are aware of, just the most notorious ones so users can find about them quickly.
Ongoing known issues
iOS user unable to subscribe to the Everyday/Premium plans
- Notification: https://twitter.com/AskPlutus/status/1538550436877291520
- iOS user is in the Starter plan and is trying to upgrade to Everyday/Premium, but sees the options greyed out and is unable to upgrade. (if not updated App)
- iOS user doesn't see the Subscription menu at all (if updated App)
- Estimated resolution time: Within the next 2 weeks.
Known workarounds: Using an Android device for the subscription steps.
- No other relevant notes.
Weekend EUR card top ups failing
- Notification: https://twitter.com/AskPlutus/status/1527607652246859777
- User tries to top up their Plutus Card but an error displays (see below) and the top up is not successful.
- Issue has been happening for a long time, but the downtime window has increased in May onward with the influx of new users.
- Estimated resolution time: Not available, but it is in our highest priority list.
Known workarounds: Topping up the card outside of the peak hours/days.
- This issue is caused by our legacy banking system and a permanent solution requires in depth long term upgrades to our fundamental systems.
- The issue is expected to keep happening when a high amount of top ups outside of UK banking hours happens, mainly weekends until Monday morning.
- Top ups selling crypto will make the crypto go through but the top up won't appear until the issue is resolved.
Special character error in address during signup
- Notification: https://twitter.com/AskPlutus/status/1521807935713824771
- User tries to signup for a Plutus Account, but receives an error about special characters and is unable to finish the process.
- This error may appear in multiple different steps of the onboarding, and doesn't go away by updating the address to exclude special characters.
- Estimated resolution time: Not available.
Known workarounds: Not available.
- At least 2 different issues are in play here: 1) Special characters should be allowed; 2) Further address re submissions should not "remember" the initial error and fail again when no special character is present.
Why is the issue I have not acknowledged or posted here?
For clarity sake and space limitations, we will be posting only about the issues impacting a significant amount of users (100+). This does not mean that smaller issues are not being investigated or acknowledged, but we want to make sure that information about global issues impacting many users can be easily found first.
Some issues have been going on for long, why can't they be fixed faster?
The fix time may be quite non intuitive, something that may look trivial may be way harder to fix than something that looks more complicated, especially if it involves coordination with third party entities like our banking partners, or the issue is rooted deep into our code and interacts with multiple systems.
I have info about an issue, a fix or a workaround. How can I share it with the Support team?
Check here how to write to us! https://support.plutus.it/hc/en-us/articles/4466790823581-How-to-contact-Plutus-Support-Customer-Service