This article covers every aspect of accessing your Plutus Account, from its creation to setting up your MFA or dealing with any account blocks or suspensions.
Account creation, password and 2FA/MFA set-up
You can create a Plutus Account as long as you are eligible for it based on our Terms and Conditions.
- Download the Plutus App, you can do so from this link.
- Signup with an email address and a password.
- Fill in your account information data.
- Add your name as it shows up on your ID card, including middle names.
- Pass the KYC. Check this guide if needed.
- Do a 20 EUR/GBP account deposit. Check this guide if needed.
- Order your card, and activate it on delivery.
Now that your account has been created, add your MFA for extra security:
- Web: Go to your profile > Settings > Security and enable the 2FA there.
- App: Go to your Profile > Settings > And enable Biometric Security there.
With this, you are all set!
Password and MFA/2FA update and reset
If you have issues accessing your account, or lose your phone, you may want to update your password or MFA. This is how is done.
Password update / reset
If you have access to your previous password:
- Web: Go to your Profile > Settings > Security > Change password.
- App: Go to your Profile > Settings > Change password.
If you don't have access to your previous password:
- Both: Click "Forgot my password" during the login screen.
If you have any issues, contact our Support team for help.
MFA update / reset
If you have access to your previous 2FA:
- Web: Disable it in the settings.
- App: Disable the Biometric Security in the settings, "Reset PIN" at the bottom of the PIN screen.
If you don't have access to your previous 2FA, for example, lost your phone:
- Web: Contact the Support team for help, and we will disable the 2FA for you.
- App: Reinstall your app, the Biometric Security and PIN are stored in it.
Troubleshooting MFA issues
Sometimes you may have issues with the MFA token not being accepted due to it being "expired". Usually, these issues are originated from desyncs between your Authy app and your account. Check the following guides for troubleshooting:
- Use a fresh token. Wait for the current token to expire, then use the next one right away. If you have any desync issues, this will minimize them.
- Sync the time of your phone. Fix any desync issues using this guide.
- Reinstall Authy. Fix any potential configuration issues using this guide.
- Use Google Authenticator. While we recommend Authy due to its higher security, Google Authenticator will also work with the Plutus service.
You can find further troubleshooting from Authy themselves in this link.
Account blocks and suspensions
There are multiple reasons why your account may get blocked, check them out here:
- Too many failed password attempts.
- Cause: For security, your account gets blocked if an incorrect password gets attempted too many times.
- Resolution: An email with instructions will be sent to your email address to solve this issue. Contact our Support team if you need further help.
- Too many login attempts in a short period.
- Cause: Typically tied to the above one, if you do too many unsuccessful login attempts in a short time, our system will block your IP address. You can verify this is your case if you can access your account with the correct password from a different internet connection.
- Resolution: Change your IP address, or contact our Support team to unblock it.
- The Source of Funds request was ignored.
Cause: Following banking regulations, we are obliged to conduct mandatory checks on where the account funds come from. If the request for this documentation is ignored for over 1 week, your account is suspended until this information is provided and verified. You can read more about this here.
Resolution: Submit your information as requested in the Source of Funds email, or contact our Support team if you need any help or have any questions.
Ban due to fraud with PLU Rewards.
Cause: Our system regarding PLU Rewards is not perfect and can be exploited. Any user that is identified as maliciously exploiting any vulnerabilities will be banned by our Support team.
Resolution: Our Support team will email you about this suspension, but you can also reach out proactively if you don't find the said email.
Other Terms of Service breach.
Cause: Other reasons not covered above.
Resolution: Contact our Support team for more information.
My account has been suspended, what can I do about it?
Check the potential reasons in the previous section, and contact our Support team if you have any doubts.
My 2FA seems to always indicate the token is expired, regardless of how fast I input it.
Check the troubleshooting above, in the section named "Troubleshooting MFA issues".
Can I use something else that is not Authy?
Authy is considered the most secure compatible option, but you can also try Google Authenticator.
I have a nice "trick" to get more PLU Rewards, how do I know that I'm not doing anything considered fraud?
Ask our Support team, and we will confirm the situation with you.